Online orders fulfillment for a healthcare retailer
* We take our clients’ confidentiality seriously. While we are not providing their names, the results are real.
A big player in both the retail and healthcare industries in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia and Saskatchewan (Canada) faced a problem related to manual orders fulfillment.
Cyper’s experts conducted an analysis of the client’s digital ecosystem, aligned it with business processes involved in the orders’ fulfillments processes, suggested optimal solutions, successfully implemented them and provided the client with the knowledge transfer and end-users’ education.
The client increased online sales and significantly improved the “pick – pack – ship” processes.
At a glance
The healthcare retailer got a turnkey service that included a solution choice, implementation, end-users education, ongoing support, and evolution that allowed its online sales to be backed by an efficient fulfilment process.
• The healthcare retailer needed to automate a fulfillment process for sales made using its Magento 2 based transactional website.
• Its e-commerce team had to take into account the data exchange between its digital ecosystem elements (CRM, ERP, POS, Magento 2).
• Cyper needed to find a solution that would allow its ongoing evolution and support within continuously scaling and evolving business processes.
• The healthcare retailer needed to ensure the solution adoption within the shortest possible period of time (that being said, the end-users’ education was an essential part of the service package).
• The healthcare retailer needed to seamlessly continue its operation while the integration process was taking place.
Step 1: Healthcare retailer digital ecosystem analysis
Cyper’s experts conducted several workshops with the representatives of the healthcare retailer to analyse:
• Healthcare retailer’s digital ecosystem elements and their technical characteristics.
• Integrations between different ecosystem elements needed to enable an omnichannel customer experience.
• Healthcare retailer’s products flow.
• Healthcare retailer’s data flow.
Step 2: Healthcare retailer requirements to order management software
Based on the results of workshops, Cyper’s experts mapped the healthcare retailer’s requirements to an order management system including the …
• Possibility of integration with a Magento Community Edition based transactional website.
• Integration with multiple warehouses.
• Integration with an ERP system.
• Integration with Canada Post with a possibility to expand to integration with multiple postal carriers.
• Full automation of the Pick, Pack and Ship process.
• Other integrations related to e-commerce and omnichannel enablement.
Step 3: Order Management System implementation, support and sustainability assessment
Cyper’s experts conducted a workshop with the healthcare retailer’s representatives to answer the following questions:
• Do they have experts in house who would be able to assist the Order Management System implementation process?
• How are they planning to organize the knowledge transfer, software users’ education and an ongoing Order Management System user’s support?
• Do they have a person who will be an internal Order Management System project manager responsible for implementation, users’ education, and ongoing support?
• What are they ready to do in house, and what will they want to allocate to software providers and software integrators?
Step 4: Healthcare retailer budget assessment
Cyper’s experts analysed, with the healthcare retailer’s representatives, what budget the organization was going to allocate to initial implementation and to subsequent evolution and support.
Step 5: Healthcare retailer Order Management Systems’ solution types analysis
Cyper’s experts proceeded to the solution types analysis based on the criteria they derived from previous workshops with the healthcare retailer’s representatives.
Cyper’s experts listed that a solution has to be:
• Out of the box.
• Initially built as an OMS, not as a complex enterprise management platform with some OMS built-in modules.
• Compatible with Magento 2 (Community Edition).
• Has reasonable pricing.
• Provides clients with different payment plans and payment options.
• Pricing is not based on online revenue.
• No dependencies from the solution provider.
Fits the healthcare retailer’s digital ecosystem tech stack.
Step 6: Healthcare retailer Order Management System choice
Cyper’s experts crossmatched:
• Healthcare retailer’s needs assessment.
• Order Management System implementation, support and sustainability assessment.
• Healthcare retailer’s budget assessment.
• Healthcare retailer Order Management Systems’ solution types analysis
Based on the cross matching of factors listed above, Cyper’s experts proposed one solution that was a perfect match for the healthcare retailer. They presented the analysis to the client along with a risk assessment and risk mitigation plan.
The healthcare retailer was able to make an informed decision and choose the Order Management System that fits all the organization’s needs.
Cyper’s experts conducted the solution integration, its partial customization and post Go Live ongoing evolution and support.
Cyper’s experts prepared written instructions for 10 user roles in both English and French.
Cyper’s experts prepared video instructions for 10 user roles in English.
Cyper’s experts prepared detailed tech specifications and described all steps, code, integration instructions, technical requirements, and server configuration details that allow the healthcare retailer to possess 100% of the knowledge about the software that is now being used within its digital ecosystem.
Cyper’s mission is to act as a catalyst of economic growth for the tech industry by teaching, empowering and deploying talents through innovative learning solutions.
Cyper is a brand that started in 2016 in the very heart of Montreal by Elena Pomazanova, an economist and MBA by education and training, and a business person by work experience, who has been passionate about both technologies and economics. Knowing how important economic growth is to creating jobs, she has been developing a company with its main focus on building a system that will provide the economy with as many talents as possible, ready to work in the fast-changing technology environment.
Today, Cyper is a team of like-minded people passionate about the very idea of making a positive change and helping the economy get a significant injection of tech professionals.
In the spring of 2022, Cyper decided to dedicate all of its profits from Cyper Digital Transformation projects, Cyper Talents Solutions placement services and Cyper Learning Curve platform sales and integration support to develop Cyper Academy.
We are a company created by talents, uniting talents, and serving talents.
We speak the language of innovations and business goals.
Our responsibility is to build a better society of equal opportunities for everyone.
We operate with knowledge and expertise.
Our clients are retailers, healthcare providers, cosmetic brands operating within B2B, B2C, and B2B2C models. We are proud to have, as some of our clients: Radio Canada, New Look Vision Group, New Look Eyewear, Greiche & Scaff, IRIS, Panda Shoes, Coco Village, LookSecure, Recall Max, and other brands.
We provide rigorous processes and quality on every level.
We always deliver for our clients because whatever we do is Cyper Personal.
To know more about how we get the business of our clients to the level of the digital era, please contact us directly at email@example.com