Online orders fulfillment for a healthcare retailer
* We take our clients’ confidentiality seriously. While we are not providing their names, the results are real.
5 min. read
A big player in both the retail and healthcare industries in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia and Saskatchewan (Canada) faced a problem related to manual orders fulfillment.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts conducted an analysis of the client’s digital ecosystem, aligned it with business processes involved in the orders’ fulfillments processes, suggested optimal solutions, successfully implemented them and provided the client with the knowledge transfer and end-users’ education.
The client increased online sales and significantly improved the “pick – pack – ship” processes.
At a glance
The healthcare retailer got a turnkey service that included a solution choice, implementation, end-users education, ongoing support, and evolution that allowed its online sales to be backed by an efficient fulfilment process.
• The healthcare retailer needed to automate a fulfillment process for sales made using its Magento 2 based transactional website.
• Its e-commerce team had to take into account the data exchange between its digital ecosystem elements (CRM, ERP, POS, Magento 2).
• Cyperᵀᴹ needed to find a solution that would allow its ongoing evolution and support within continuously scaling and evolving business processes.
• The healthcare retailer needed to ensure the solution adoption within the shortest possible period of time (that being said, the end-users’ education was an essential part of the service package).
• The healthcare retailer needed to seamlessly continue its operation while the integration process was taking place.
Step 1: Healthcare retailer digital ecosystem analysis
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts conducted several workshops with the representatives of the healthcare retailer to analyse:
• Healthcare retailer’s digital ecosystem elements and their technical characteristics.
• Integrations between different ecosystem elements needed to enable an omnichannel customer experience.
• Healthcare retailer’s products flow.
• Healthcare retailer’s data flow.
Step 2: Healthcare retailer requirements to order management software
Based on the results of workshops, Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts mapped the healthcare retailer’s requirements to an order management system including the …
• Possibility of integration with a Magento Community Edition based transactional website.
• Integration with multiple warehouses.
• Integration with an ERP system.
• Integration with Canada Post with a possibility to expand to integration with multiple postal carriers.
• Full automation of the Pick, Pack and Ship process.
• Other integrations related to e-commerce and omnichannel enablement.
Step 3: Order Management System implementation, support and sustainability assessment
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts conducted a workshop with the healthcare retailer’s representatives to answer the following questions:
• Do they have experts in house who would be able to assist the Order Management System implementation process?
• How are they planning to organize the knowledge transfer, software users’ education and an ongoing Order Management System user’s support?
• Do they have a person who will be an internal Order Management System project manager responsible for implementation, users’ education, and ongoing support?
• What are they ready to do in house, and what will they want to allocate to software providers and software integrators?
Step 4: Healthcare retailer budget assessment
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts analysed, with the healthcare retailer’s representatives, what budget the organization was going to allocate to initial implementation and to subsequent evolution and support.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts proceeded to the solution types analysis based on the criteria they derived from previous workshops with the healthcare retailer’s representatives.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts listed that a solution has to be:
• Out of the box.
• Initially built as an OMS, not as a complex enterprise management platform with some OMS built-in modules.
• Compatible with Magento 2 (Community Edition).
• Has reasonable pricing.
• Provides clients with different payment plans and payment options.
• Pricing is not based on online revenue.
• No dependencies from the solution provider.
Fits the healthcare retailer’s digital ecosystem tech stack.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts crossmatched:
• Healthcare retailer’s needs assessment.
• Order Management System implementation, support and sustainability assessment.
• Healthcare retailer’s budget assessment.
• Healthcare retailer Order Management Systems’ solution types analysis
Based on the cross matching of factors listed above, Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts proposed one solution that was a perfect match for the healthcare retailer. They presented the analysis to the client along with a risk assessment and risk mitigation plan.
The healthcare retailer was able to make an informed decision and choose the Order Management System that fits all the organization’s needs.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts conducted the solution integration, its partial customization and post Go Live ongoing evolution and support.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts prepared written instructions for 10 user roles in both English and French.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts prepared video instructions for 10 user roles in English.
Cyperᵀᴹ’s experts prepared detailed tech specifications and described all steps, code, integration instructions, technical requirements, and server configuration details that allow the healthcare retailer to possess 100% of the knowledge about the software that is now being used within its digital ecosystem.
About the author
Elena (Olena) Pomazanova, Cyperᵀᴹ’s President and Founder, conducted her studies in several fields crucial for successful business administration and analysis including: MSc. in Banking, MSc. in International Economics, BAC in Economics and Entrepreneurship, and MBA for Executives.
Elena worked as the Chairman of the Board of an Insurance Company and as a Deputy Chairman in Finances in an Investment Company. During her career, she has conducted a series of analyses for companies undergoing M&A and orchestrated full business processes, including automation and digital ecosystems’ setup, for organizations working in the telecommunications, insurance, metal and retail industries.
Her objectives are to ensure a sustainable digital move for Cyperᵀᴹ’s clients and to provide them with an opportunity to make sound data-driven decisions.
Elena shares valuable data-driven insights with her audience to allow organizations to make better decisions and reduce decision-fatigue-related stress.
To contact Elena, please drop a line to email@example.com.