Implementing new software for a 3,000-employee organization
* We take our clients’ confidentiality seriously. While we are not providing their names, the results are real.
A retail organization faced a technology adoption challenge: after refusing manual warehouse management processes, their managers had to educate warehouse workers, logistics workers, order management department and marketing department team members to use the newly implemented software.
Cyper’s experts found a solution: prepared written and video instructions in both English and French to educate end users depending on their role within software user roles and on their involvement into operations.
The learning curve for all types of users was significantly reduced and the Client began to benefit from newly implemented software as soon as the first month of its use.
At a glance
The consumer goods retailer got a sophisticated end users education that allowed the whole organization to reduce technology adoption time and start benefiting from the newly automated process from the first month after implementation.
• The consumer goods retailer launched a new website and added 600 new products before the high season – New Year Holidays
• Its team invested a significant budget into the marketing and promotion among bloggers/influencers, on Facebook, on Instagram
• The consumer goods retailer increased its warehouse team by 70%
• The consumer goods retailer implemented a new warehouse management software to support an explosive growth
• New and existing team members needed to undergo a quick onboarding to enable the automation of the warehouse management processes
• Not all team members were comfortable with the “out of the box” high level instruction created by the software provider
• Team members needed role-based instructions reflecting a detailed workflow within a new warehouse management software supported by images and infographics
Step 1: Describe workflows within the system for each user role
Cyper’s experts conducted several workshops with the representatives of the consumer goods retailer to analyse:
• User roles
• User permissions
Step 2: Approve collected information with the Client
Cyper’s experts mapped user roles and permissions, matched them with workflows that needed to be performed within the warehouse management software and approved them with the Client
Step 3: Create a test environment for the software to allow instructional designers to work “hands-on” with the product
Cyper’s experts created a test environment of the warehouse management software that was accessible for its instructional designers to allow them not only to create user instructions but also to make sure they run them through the copy of the software system and reflect each possible step of the interaction between a user and the system
Step 4: Finalize written instructions
• Cyper’s experts prepared written instructions in English and French
• Added the infographics
• Tested instructions from the standpoint of different scenarios
• Finalized written instructions based on the testing results
Step 5: Prepare video instructions
Once written instructions were prepared, tested and finalized, Cyper’s experts recorded detailed video instructions for each user to allow them have not only written, but also video education.
Step 6: Presentation of video and written instructions to the Client
Cyper’s experts delivered written and video instructions to the Client. Client’s representatives distributed instructions among its team members and made them an essential part of:
• New team members onboarding
• Existing team members education (applicable to all warehouse management system users based on their roles within the system)
1. The consumer goods retailer was able to benefit from the new warehouse management system as well as from newly automated business processes starting from the first month after its deployment.
2. Cyper’s experts prepared instructions that proved to be efficient for self-education that significantly reduced the knowledge transfer period.
3. Cyper’s experts prepared written and video instructions in both English and French that allowed team members with various linguistic requirements to conduct an efficient education and reduce the learning curve related to the new technology adoption.
4. The usual “new technology rejection” that statistically might be observed while adopting new software was at its minimal level.
5. The overall satisfaction with the new warehouse management system among Client’s team members was at 95% (according to a survey conducted by Cyper’s experts 2 months after instructions’ delivery).
Cyper’s mission is to act as a catalyst of economic growth for the tech industry by teaching, empowering and deploying talents through innovative learning solutions.
Cyper is a brand that started in 2016 in the very heart of Montreal by Elena Pomazanova, an economist and MBA by education and training, and a business person by work experience, who has been passionate about both technologies and economics. Knowing how important economic growth is to creating jobs, she has been developing a company with its main focus on building a system that will provide the economy with as many talents as possible, ready to work in the fast-changing technology environment.
Today, Cyper is a team of like-minded people passionate about the very idea of making a positive change and helping the economy get a significant injection of tech professionals.
In the spring of 2022, Cyper decided to dedicate all of its profits from Cyper Digital Transformation projects, Cyper Talents Solutions placement services and Cyper Learning Curve platform sales and integration support to develop Cyper Academy.
We are a company created by talents, uniting talents, and serving talents.
We speak the language of innovations and business goals.
Our responsibility is to build a better society of equal opportunities for everyone.
We operate with knowledge and expertise.
Our clients are retailers, healthcare providers, cosmetic brands operating within B2B, B2C, and B2B2C models. We are proud to have, as some of our clients: Radio Canada, New Look Vision Group, New Look Eyewear, Greiche & Scaff, IRIS, Panda Shoes, Coco Village, LookSecure, Recall Max, and other brands.
We provide rigorous processes and quality on every level.
We always deliver for our clients because whatever we do is Cyper Personal.
To know more about how we get the business of our clients to the level of the digital era, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org